A bit about me...
I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am a double major in secondary education and mathematics. It is my plan to educate in an inner city public school. I prefer to go back to my alma mater, Huffman High School in my hometown of Birmigham, Alabama. Unlike others, I am not in it for financial assistance. I want to help mold minority and low-income students into productive citizens of the future.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Don't Know...Let's Find Out!

Too often I hear students give the excuse, "I don't know!" Our attitudes as teachers should be, "If you do not know, then LET'S FIND OUT!" When my students leave my classroom, I want them to leave with knowledge they have gained. There is no excuse for a child, even the one who sits in the very back of the classroom and sleeps or the bully, to not learn and understand something new everyday. One thing I hear students, even adults, express as being difficult are fractions. The operation of division of fractions is the biggie. Below are some helpful and useful sites to explore for help with fractions. There are also sites for other K-12 mathematics' topics.

Dividing Fractions
Web Math
Help With Fractions
Algebra Help
Web Math
Cool Math
Math Wizz
Math League (Geometry)

No comments:

Post a Comment