A bit about me...
I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am a double major in secondary education and mathematics. It is my plan to educate in an inner city public school. I prefer to go back to my alma mater, Huffman High School in my hometown of Birmigham, Alabama. Unlike others, I am not in it for financial assistance. I want to help mold minority and low-income students into productive citizens of the future.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Many Roles A Teacher Plays

Whoever said the job ended with teaching a lesson, administering an exam and grading papers was ill-informed along the way. Our job ranges from counselor to confidant, from mother to educator and from disciplinarian to provider. Depending on our students backgrounds, we may have to come out of pocket for clothing, food and even supplies. No we do not have to do this but how could you not? Whatever it takes to help a child succeed we should be quick to do it. You may be the only person the child has in his or her corner. Do not let him or her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment