A bit about me...
I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile. I am a double major in secondary education and mathematics. It is my plan to educate in an inner city public school. I prefer to go back to my alma mater, Huffman High School in my hometown of Birmigham, Alabama. Unlike others, I am not in it for financial assistance. I want to help mold minority and low-income students into productive citizens of the future.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Racism In Our Schools...When Will We Learn?

I will start this off by asking you, the viewers, "Do you think racism is still an issue in our nation's school systems?" I know this may be a touchy subject but it is an issue I hold dear to me. I am enrolled in EDF 315, Education in a Diverse Society, here at the University of South Alabama. We have been discussing how unfair and unequal education is for minority students. In our inner city schools, where the school population is mostly non-European Americans, the curriculum does not gear towards the diverse student population.

Today our classrooms are diversified in ethnicity, race and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment